The Sensis Social Media Marketing Report 2016
This report was released about users of social media. Information was received from 1100 Australian businesses and Australian 800 consumers:
- Smart phones are used by 76% people, with the largest age groups being 18-29 and 30-39 year olds.
- Laptops are used by 70% of users.
- Tablets are used by 53% of users.
- Desktop computers are used by 54% of users.
- Internet enabled TVs are used by 29%.
- I pods are used by 17% of users.
So What Does This Mean for Social Media Marketing for Your Business?
Websites and social media platforms must be seen on all these different devices. Websites need to be mobile enabled.
- 69% of Internet users have a social media profile and 50% check their profiles daily.
- Facebook is used by 95% of Social Media users.
- A Facebook user has on average 272 friends.
- 19% of Social Media users use Twitter.
- Instagram is used by 31% of Social Media Users (doubling its figures since 2013).
- Linked in has 24% of Social Media Users.
- Google + has 10% of Social Media Users.
- 60% of social media users have access blogs. These blogs include product information.
This means that many of your customers have social media profiles.
What are the Most Popular Social Media Marketing Platforms?
The most popular social media marketing platforms are Facebook, Instagram, Linked in, Twitter and Google +.
- 48% of small and medium sized businesses have a social media presence (31% last year).
- 79% of large businesses have a social media presence (56% last year).
- 69% of consumers are more engaged with social media.
- 43% of medium and 61% of large sized businesses have a Twitter profile.
- 28% of medium and 42% of large businesses have an Instagram account.
- 41% of large businesses have a You Tube Channel.
- 28% of medium and 12% of small businesses use Instagram
- Google + is used by 20% of large business.
So What Does This Mean?
If you want to increase your sales, your business needs a social media presence. But which social media marketing platform do you use? Find out what your customers use and pick the top 3 social media marketing platforms.
Contact Business Success for assistance with your social media marketing strategies.