The debate between absolute links and relative links continues to live on in the Search Engine Optimization world. The individual significance of each has been contested, but it is widely regarded that absolute links provide better Search Engine Optimization value on the whole than relative links.
Many believe that absolute links have less potential for getting messed up when search engines index your page. It shouldn’t really make a difference, but many conclude that this is reason enough.
Furthermore, content scrapers and RSS services may ‘repurpose’ your content legitimately (or not). In either case, shouldn’t a proper back-link be attributed to your site? This situation favours absolute links. Although this is a minor argument, it’s still worth considering.
Incorporation of Company Branding and Search Engine Optimization
Your business name should be unique and identifiable. When you communicate with customers they should be able to recognize your business name and brand. Tips to improve your search engine optimization include:
- Have your business name as your domain name as Google loves it
- Include your business name in your page content to improve customer identification and page ranking with Google
- Use your “catch phrase” or “tag line” in all your marketing material as well as your website
- Keep your marketing message simple and use it across all of your marketing strategies
- Don’t use other businesses’ “tag lines”
- Don’t use other brand names, colors, logos or other items that have been trademarked or patented as they will be protected and you may have some big legal bills if you choose to challenge them
Label your images to improve Search Engine Optimization
All your images should be labelled so that Google knows what they are. When “Google bots” check your website content, they will not look at images, but the names and descriptions of images. To improve your Search Engine Optimization of your images:
- When using your logo, name it as your Business Name.
- Use descriptive names for images that are related to your content.
- Don’t use an image if it does not relate to your content.
- Ensure that you use images to split up your content and make it easier to read – there is nothing worse to read than a whole page of text; and not many visitors will read all the words.
- Don’t use images that have been copyright protected.
- Purchase images from a reputable source or develop your own by taking pictures or using software.
Employ specialists to write your content
You make think that writing content is easy, however, why not get a professional like Business Success to write your content for you?
- They will have specialist knowledge about how to write content that is compelling and improves website traffic.
- Use terminology that visitors will understand – if people can not understand your message, they will leave.
- Keep your content simple
- Have a purpose for your content – providing information; a Testimonial; converting a sale; displaying the benefits of your product; or show-casing your business as the specialist in your field (just be specific).
For assistance with your Search Engine Optimization, contact Business Success.