Your website may not be found on the first page of a Google Search because your Search Engine Optimization is not as good as your competitors. Here are some areas that you can improve on:
- Your page titles are not relevant for your business or may be non-existent.
- There are no meta tags on your images – your images have not been labelled in line with the goods and services that you sell or may not be related to your goods or services.
- There is no SEO plug in on your website or your web developer may have ignored the recommendations of your SEO plugin.
- Keywords have not been labelled on the back end of your website – an SEO plugin will request keywords for each page and article.
- The best keywords have not been selected for your business. For example if you are a builder operating in Adelaide, using the keywords “Adelaide Builder” will bring up many competitors before your website.
- There is not enough content for Google to list your website on the first page of a Google Search.